Monday, May 18, 2009

Right to vote?

The excitement of voting in me ran double the speed of blood in my veins. The day was awaited much because i was to vote for the first time. The feel of being major was realised with this right enabled. To see the ink on my finger after voting was the best part. Finally the day arrived to vote and i was all looking forward to go and vote the polling centre.

The voters id was received just the previous evening and that made a definite decision to vote. Having arrived at the centre, i was waiting for my chance to check out my name on the list and vote. Whether a shock or surprise, numerous people checked out the lists handed to them and found there was no mention of my name at all. It was truly a bad situation, after such excitement.

I just want to know, whether holding the voter's id also restricts a person from voting? The law defines all the rights, but people sadly follow it. The frustration in me settled, when i heard there were many people who kept voting for so many years, and suddenly their name disappearing from the list. Now that seemed being denied of yuor right which you legally hold.

As the elections have taken place and also the results being out, the expectation comes out to see that it does not happen in the future and the list is reviewed to include names of all who are legally bound within.
Wish i do hope the next time when state elections come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment